DIY round weaved coaster | Tutorial
Are you ready to make the cutest weaving and decorate your table?
Today I'm sharing this tutorial on how to make colorful round weaving that can be used as a coaster on your table.
Tools you will need:
- yarn in various colors
- needle or clip
- To start off your weaving make a circle from cardboard. Trace equal radial lines from the center.
There should be odd number of these lines to make sure that later the weaving will go smoothly without overlapping.
- Cut a little each line
- Start making a basic frame for the weaving with thread
You will see that in one place there will be a double thread, but that's okey!
- When you will make a skeleton for your weaving it should look like this!
- I didn't have a needle so I made one myself from a clip, but it's easier to use normal needle if you have it
- With a thread of your choice start going up and down the frame
- When you will need to change thread just make a knot and later hide the ends on the other side
Tip: Don't be afraid to use different textures and sizes of the thread. The crazier yarn you have the more interesting your weaving will look!
- When you are done finish by making a knot
- Remove the thread from the cardboard
- Cut it and make knots
Tip: When you are weaving make sure to pull your thread tight. I was a little bit sloppy on this and later had this flower look edge on my weaving. I left it this way because it looked interesting, but have this in mind if you don't want this effect!
- Hide the ends on the other side of your weaving by pulling them back with a clip or needle
Aaaaaaand you are done!
What do you think?
I like it a lot! It gives a pop of color on my table and looks so nice under the cup of tea of coffee (need to find a practical use for this beauty)!